MĀORI NAIL TRANSFER TATTOOS - NGĀ WHETŪ - WHITE
This twinkling design includes the Matariki star cluster (Pleiades) as well as Puanga (Rigel from Orion) for our iwi who mark the beginning of the Māori new year with this star sighting. You can peep a clip of this set here.
Te Iwa O Matariki (the nine stars of Matariki) include:
- Waipuna-ā-rangi – the star associated with the rain
- Hiwa-i-te-rangi – the wishing star who ties into the attainment of goals and our aspirations for the coming year
- Waitī – ties to fresh water and the food and creatures within it
- Waitā – ties to the ocean and the food and creatures within it
- Pōhukukawa – connects with those who have passed on
- Ururangi – determines the nature of the winds for the year
- Matariki – the mother of the star cluster, she signifies reflection, hope, health and wellbeing
- Tupuārangi – the star associated with food that grows in the trees
- Tupuānuku – the star associated with food that grows in the ground
Puanga/Puaka is the brightest star in the Orion constellation. He anchors the new year for some iwi in areas where Matariki isn’t visible.
Check out Dr Rangi Matamua’s incredible presentation for a deeper exploration.
Each set includes 2 sheets of 12 Nail Transfer Tattoos (37mm long).
Made with love in Aotearoa.
Our Nail Transfer Tattoos are printed onto special transparent film using the latest print technology. This thin, flexible film is water activated, which enables it to wrap snugly over the nail surface for fast, easy nail art application.
This product is designed for both professional use and DIY manicures with regular nail polish.
HOW TO APPLY - IN SALON
1. Begin with a cured coat of gel polish. Trim selected Tattoo to size.
2. Dip the Tattoo into water for 5 seconds. Remove, then allow film to activate for 30 seconds.
3. Carefully slide the Tattoo from the backing paper onto the nail surface.
4. Gently smooth any creases or air bubbles using your fingertip.
5. Trim off any excess or remove by gently filing downwards. If needed, tidy the cuticle area using a small brush dipped in polish remover.
6. Optional: buff the free edge and cap with acid-free primer. Highly recommended for full cover designs.
7. Seal with a layer of base gel. Cure. Apply builder gel or gel top coat. Cure.
8. Remove tacky layer. Buff nail until smooth. Apply final gel top coat. Cure. Flex!
HOW TO APPLY - AT HOME
1. Apply layer of base coat. Allow to dry completely.
2. Apply layer of colour polish. Allow to dry completely. Repeat as required.
3. Trim selected Tattoo to size. Dip the Tattoo into water for 5 seconds. Remove, then
allow film to activate for 30 seconds.
4. Carefully slide the Tattoo from the backing paper onto the nail surface.
5. Gently smooth any creases or air bubbles using your fingertip.
6. Trim off any excess or remove by gently filing downwards. If needed, tidy the cuticle area and sides using a small brush dipped in acetone.
7. Seal with a layer of top coat. Allow to dry completely. Repeat. Flex!
PROCESSING & SHIPPING
Standard orders are created and shipped within 2 working days.
Custom orders are created and shipped within 3-6 working days, depending on how complex they are.
All orders are tracked and can be monitored via the shipping carrier’s website. Please note that delivery timeframes are estimates only.