MĀORI NAIL TRANSFER TATTOOS - NGĀ MIHI O TE TAU HOU - WHITE
The elements in this set have been lovingly designed by the legendary Kiri Ink. We are super grateful to have been able to craft them into nail art sets for next level new year celebrations! You can peep a clip of this set here.
The key components of this design are the Whetū (star) and Poutama (stepped pattern).
The Poutama pattern symbolises levels of advancement, achievement and the fulfilling of potential. Perfect for Matariki, which is a time to align ourselves with our highest vision for the year ahead, filled with our most authentic aspirations.
Poutama patterns also symbolise the stairway to heaven or the higher realms. Matariki is a time for us to grieve the loved ones we have lost over the past year and farewell them onto the next stage of their journey.
The Whetū are arranged so they can be easily customised to represent whatever you resonate with most:
- Matariki and the 8 (or 6 depending on your iwi) whetū in her whānau
- Puanga and the whetū of Orion
- Or any other celestial vibe you connect with
Each set includes 2 sheets of 12 Nail Transfer Tattoos (37mm long) in your choice of black, white or both (24 in total).
Made with aroha in Aotearoa
Our Nail Transfer Tattoos are printed onto special transparent film using the latest print technology. This thin, flexible film is water activated, which enables it to wrap snugly over the nail surface for fast, easy nail art application.
This product is designed for both professional use and DIY manicures with regular nail polish.
HOW TO APPLY - IN SALON
1. Begin with a cured coat of gel polish. Trim selected Tattoo to size.
2. Dip the Tattoo into water for 5 seconds. Remove, then allow film to activate for 30 seconds.
3. Carefully slide the Tattoo from the backing paper onto the nail surface.
4. Gently smooth any creases or air bubbles using your fingertip.
5. Trim off any excess or remove by gently filing downwards. If needed, tidy the cuticle area using a small brush dipped in polish remover.
6. Optional: buff the free edge and cap with acid-free primer. Highly recommended for full cover designs.
7. Seal with a layer of base gel. Cure. Apply builder gel or gel top coat. Cure.
8. Remove tacky layer. Buff nail until smooth. Apply final gel top coat. Cure. Flex!
HOW TO APPLY - AT HOME
1. Apply layer of base coat. Allow to dry completely.
2. Apply layer of colour polish. Allow to dry completely. Repeat as required.
3. Trim selected Tattoo to size. Dip the Tattoo into water for 5 seconds. Remove, then
allow film to activate for 30 seconds.
4. Carefully slide the Tattoo from the backing paper onto the nail surface.
5. Gently smooth any creases or air bubbles using your fingertip.
6. Trim off any excess or remove by gently filing downwards. If needed, tidy the cuticle area and sides using a small brush dipped in acetone.
7. Seal with a layer of top coat. Allow to dry completely. Repeat. Flex!
PROCESSING & SHIPPING
Standard orders are created and shipped within 2 working days.
Custom orders are created and shipped within 3-6 working days, depending on how complex they are.
All orders are tracked and can be monitored via the shipping carrier’s website. Please note that delivery timeframes are estimates only.