MĀORI NAIL TRANSFER TATTOOS - KŌWHAIWHAI
This design was inspired by patterns that traditionally adorn the rafters of wharenui (Māori meeting houses). Our kōwhaiwhai pattern combines the koru and koiri in a design that represents the fluidity of life through growth, change, reflection and expansion.
Traditionally, the manawa (connecting line, heart, vein) of the kōwhaiwhai is always white, signifying purity. We have also added a black kōwhaiwhai pattern - to honour the parts of ourselves, our histories and our futures that are not so pure. In embracing both the shadow and the light within us and our experiences, we can accept the balance we need to flourish.
To make recreating our demo design super easy, we've popped all the extras you’ll need into a matching Set of Sparkles.
The Kōwhaiwhai Set of Sparkles includes:
- 2 x SS16 Swarovski Silk
- 4 x SS12 Swarovski Silk
- 4 x SS5 Swarovski Silk
- 6 x SS7 Swarovski Rose Gold
- 2 x SS16 Swarovski Jet
- 4 x SS7 Swarovski Jet Hematite
- 4 x Acrylic pāua coloured gems
- Rose gold caviar beads
Each set includes 2 sheets of 12 Nail Transfer Tattoos (37mm long) in your choice of black, white or both (24 in total).
Made with love in Aotearoa.
Our Nail Transfer Tattoos are printed onto special transparent film using the latest print technology. This thin, flexible film is water activated, which enables it to wrap snugly over the nail surface for fast, easy nail art application.
This product is designed for both professional use and DIY manicures with regular nail polish.
HOW TO APPLY - IN SALON
1. Begin with a cured coat of gel polish. Trim selected Tattoo to size.
2. Dip the Tattoo into water for 5 seconds. Remove, then allow film to activate for 30 seconds.
3. Carefully slide the Tattoo from the backing paper onto the nail surface.
4. Gently smooth any creases or air bubbles using your fingertip.
5. Trim off any excess or remove by gently filing downwards. If needed, tidy the cuticle area using a small brush dipped in polish remover.
6. Optional: buff the free edge and cap with acid-free primer. Highly recommended for full cover designs.
7. Seal with a layer of base gel. Cure. Apply builder gel or gel top coat. Cure.
8. Remove tacky layer. Buff nail until smooth. Apply final gel top coat. Cure. Flex!
HOW TO APPLY - AT HOME
1. Apply layer of base coat. Allow to dry completely.
2. Apply layer of colour polish. Allow to dry completely. Repeat as required.
3. Trim selected Tattoo to size. Dip the Tattoo into water for 5 seconds. Remove, then
allow film to activate for 30 seconds.
4. Carefully slide the Tattoo from the backing paper onto the nail surface.
5. Gently smooth any creases or air bubbles using your fingertip.
6. Trim off any excess or remove by gently filing downwards. If needed, tidy the cuticle area and sides using a small brush dipped in acetone.
7. Seal with a layer of top coat. Allow to dry completely. Repeat. Flex!
PROCESSING & SHIPPING
Standard orders are created and shipped within 2 working days.
Custom orders are created and shipped within 3-6 working days, depending on how complex they are.
All orders are tracked and can be monitored via the shipping carrier’s website. Please note that delivery timeframes are estimates only.