CHINESE NAIL TRANSFER TATTOOS - ZODIAC ANIMALS - BLACK/WHITE
According to an ancient Chinese tale, the Jade Emperor wanted to devise a way to measure time. He organised a swimming race and declared that the first twelve animals to successfully cross the river would each have a year of the zodiac named after them. The race would determine the order that each animal was placed.
- Rat: The winner - very smart, cunning and intelligent.
- Ox: Second place - diligent, strong and hard working.
- Tiger: Third place - very competitive, the king of all beasts.
- Rabbit: Fourth place - fast and smart.
- Dragon: Fifth place - very good looking and respected by the emperor.
- Snake: Sixth place - crafty with the gift of the gab.
- Horse: Seventh place - polite, kind and modest.
- Goat: Eighth place - polite, kind and modest.
- Monkey: Ninth place - smart! The most famous Chinese TV show is the Monkey King. Monkeys are very popular in China.
- Rooster: Tenth place - symbolises the sun god and a new day. Roosters are lucky because the Chinese word for 'rooster' sounds similar to the word for 'luck'.
- Dog: Eleventh place - caring and loyal.
- Pig: Last place - lazy but brave.
*Please note there are many variations of this tale - this is just one version.
This set includes two styles of each Chinese Zodiac Animal and the matching traditional Chinese characters. It also includes:
- Fú - The Chinese character for fortune/good luck is a popular decoration used to welcome positive energy and happiness. Placing the character upside down symbolises luck pouring out or arriving - the phrase an "upside-down Fú" sounds nearly identical to the phrase "good luck arrives.”
- Blessing - A play on words, wishing you good fortune and prosperity. The word ‘tu’ has been switched to rabbit, which is also ‘tu’ but with different pronunciation. 2023 is the Year of the Rabbit.
These Nail Transfer Tattoos are perfect for layering with our other Chinese New Year designs. Create a unique set to celebrate your own Chinese Zodiac animal or represent the Year of the Rabbit.
Each set includes 2 sheets of Nail Transfer Tattoos in your choice of black, white or both. Most designs will fit natural/short nails.
Made with love in Aotearoa.
A special thanks goes out to the Zheng family for generously sharing their knowledge and helping with translation. Ngā mihi nui!
Our Nail Transfer Tattoos are printed onto special transparent film using the latest print technology. This thin, flexible film is water activated, which enables it to wrap snugly over the nail surface for fast, easy nail art application.
This product is designed for both professional use and DIY manicures with regular nail polish.
HOW TO APPLY - IN SALON
1. Begin with a cured coat of gel polish. Trim selected Tattoo to size.
2. Dip the Tattoo into water for 5 seconds. Remove, then allow film to activate for 30 seconds.
3. Carefully slide the Tattoo from the backing paper onto the nail surface.
4. Gently smooth any creases or air bubbles using your fingertip.
5. Trim off any excess or remove by gently filing downwards. If needed, tidy the cuticle area using a small brush dipped in polish remover.
6. Optional: buff the free edge and cap with acid-free primer. Highly recommended for full cover designs.
7. Seal with a layer of base gel. Cure. Apply builder gel or gel top coat. Cure.
8. Remove tacky layer. Buff nail until smooth. Apply final gel top coat. Cure. Flex!
HOW TO APPLY - AT HOME
1. Apply layer of base coat. Allow to dry completely.
2. Apply layer of colour polish. Allow to dry completely. Repeat as required.
3. Trim selected Tattoo to size. Dip the Tattoo into water for 5 seconds. Remove, then
allow film to activate for 30 seconds.
4. Carefully slide the Tattoo from the backing paper onto the nail surface.
5. Gently smooth any creases or air bubbles using your fingertip.
6. Trim off any excess or remove by gently filing downwards. If needed, tidy the cuticle area and sides using a small brush dipped in acetone.
7. Seal with a layer of top coat. Allow to dry completely. Repeat. Flex!
PROCESSING & SHIPPING
Standard orders are created and shipped within 2 working days.
Custom orders are created and shipped within 3-6 working days, depending on how complex they are.
All orders are tracked and can be monitored via the shipping carrier’s website. Please note that delivery timeframes are estimates only.